Ten correct answers will see you henceforth visited nightly by rainbow-straddling curtain-fringed unicorns bearing boxes of frozen white chocolate Tim Tams as the hit song ‘Groove is in the heart’ caresses your every goose bump. Yes, with Morgan Freeman on vocals…
1. What colour is the sun most often?
2. What colour is human blood most often?
3. How many colours are there in the colour spectrum?
4. Robert is a short, shy, well-groomed middle-aged vision-impaired American man who dresses tidily and does not smoke. The best guess is that Robert is …
A: a florist
B: a dentist
C: a navy diver
D: a truck driver
5. With regard to population, what is the most likely issue our planet will face this century?
A: The emergence of numerous new species of manimals as a result of cross-breeding with unicorns
B: The disappearance of the entire animal population of the planet, with only humans remaining
C: Overpopulation – too many people on the planet
D: Underpopulation – not enough people on the planet
6. Can you think of a word that relates to all of three of the words “ice”, “spell” and “desert”?
7. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?
8. This paragraph is highly unusual. I’m curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though.
Quickly study it and think about it. If you work at it a bit, you might find out. So, what is unusual about this paragraph?
9. Given a three-by-three square of nine dots, can you draw just four continuous straight lines that connect all the dots, without lifting your pen from the paper?
10. Can you arrange six identical sticks to form four identical triangles, without modifying any of the sticks?